This took ~36 weeks to complete. I took a picture of it every week to keep track of my progress. The completed image is about 15"x18" (38.1 x 45.75 cm) and got triple-matted and framed and is now above the mantel.
Stitched on Aida with DMC thread. Also used gold beads (which you can't see because they're on light brown stitches) and blending filaments and gold metallic thread. I cut down the sides from the original, because after 36 weeks I was ready to be done. XD Also the sides were just more of the bottom border, and that was deadly dull as it was.
I really enjoyed the more colorful bits and the backstitching. Probably the last big project I will do in needlework for a while, though. This was completed in July 2012.
If you really want to see a weekly-update set of pictures, go here
for a huge
stitched image of them all. It's really big.